- In response to Covid-19, we have taken measures to protect your and our health. Please read them carefully before you visit.
- Because of Covid-19, no lockers are available for the time being. So you need to leave large backpacks and bags at home.
- The number of visitors is very limited. To avoid disappointment and/or a long wait, it is advisable to book your ticket online.
- Group visits are not possible. Guides are welcome, but with a maximum of four people per group (including the guide) this might not be feasible.
- Photography is permitted provided no flash or tripods are used.
- Eating and drinking in the exhibition spaces is not allowed.
- Dogs are not admitted, with the exception of guide dogs for visually impaired visitors.
How long does a visit last?
A visit to the Snyders&Rockox House Museum takes about an hour and the Emperor’s Chapel, St Charles Borromeo’s Church and the Vleeshuis Museum about 30 minutes each. Not including walking times and coffee breaks.
You will need at least three hours or so to do the entire tour including visits to the four locations. Ideally you should allow a whole morning or afternoon. And if you add on the walking route around historical locations, you have a day-long itinerary.
Do you need an entry ticket for the Emperor’s Chapel, the Snyders&Rockox House, St Charles Borromeo’s Church and the Vleeshuis Museum?
You need a BLIND DATE ticket, with which you can then visit all these locations.
Do I have to book a time slot for all the locations?
You only need to book a time slot for the Snyders&Rockox House and the Vleeshuis Museum. Visitors will be admitted to the Emperor’s Chapel and St Charles Borromeo’s Church at intervals by our staff. Entry is only possible with an exhibition ticket, so we don’t anticipate long waiting times.
Which time slot should I choose for the Vleeshuis Museum?
It is advisable to book a slot two and a half to three hours after the start of your slot at the Snyders&Rockox House. You can also book your visit to the Vleeshuis Museum on a different date, but you still need to take your BLIND DATE eTicket with you!
Note: allow about one hour for your visit to the Snyders&Rockox House, 15 minutes for the Emperor’s Chapel and 30 minutes for St Charles Borromeo’s Church. The three locations are close to one another, so you need to include about five minutes’ walking time between them. That adds up to about two hours, without counting any pause.
The Vleeshuis Museum is roughly another ten minutes’ walk. Also allow time for breaks. So it is advisable to book a slot at the Vleeshuis Museum about two and a half to three hours after the start of your slot at the Snyders&Rockox House.
The museum staff will do their best to be flexible, but they are required to respect the maximum number of visitors per time slot.
Can I also buy tickets at reception?
If you still decide to present yourself at the entrance without a ticket, please note that we can only accept card payments at the cash desk for the time being. It is also possible that you will NOT be admitted or will have to wait a long time until a time slot is free. Access to the Emperor’s Chapel is likewise very limited.